Wednesday, November 24, 2010

NaKniSweMo: progress report

This month, I've been quite busy with the cashmere designs using Spring Gate Farm's cashmere.  That said, I haven't been neglecting my NaKniSweMo project -- it's great knitting for fencing practices or meetings or just for a change from the 9/10 sts per inch on the cashmere (this one gets about 4 to the inch!).    With SIX full days to go, I have started the second sleeve ... and then just need to do the hood ... on "My Favorite Sweatshirt" .... an original design that I can't wait to post! 
I'm knitting this in KP's organic worsted weight cotton and it is knitting up beautifully ... the finished sleeve looks narrow but that's because it's pure SS and so is curling ... it is actually a 20" sleeve that goes down to about 10 inches once it's blocked -- it will end about mid-arm and should roll nicely for a very casual look ....
I'm quite excited about this design.
Here's my design sketch (which so far has only deviated by having the cable done on the sweater body armholes rather than on the hem of the sleeves ....):




Happy knittin'
Mary C. Gildersleeve
By Hand, With Heart -- hand-knit designs
bhwh.mary@gmail.com

No comments: