Tuesday, November 30, 2010

NaKniSweMo: I made it!

I did it ... amidst everything else going on, I made a sweater, start to finish in the month of November.  "My Favorite Sweatshirt" is done ... the stitch count is less than 50K (more like 35K) but since I ripped and re-knit and did other knitting, I figure I did pretty darn well.

I'm not sure if I like it or not.  I love the split hem cable and the cable along the armholes.  I also did a cable on the hood and I'm not sure if it needs it?  I'm also thinking maybe the sleeves need a cuff -- the cable?  The sleeves fall about halfway between my elbow and wrist and are just reverse-SS.  The body is a comfortable fit with drop shoulders which aren't really too floppy ... which is good.

The sweater needs blocking; the Simply Cotton, an organic cotton from KP, should soften after that first bath which will occur tomorrow. 

So what do you think of this original design?

Happy knittin'
Mary C. Gildersleeve
By Hand, With Heart -- hand-knit designs
bhwh.mary@gmail.com

2 comments:

The Bookworm said...

I like it. Like the cables on the hood. Think I would add a cabled cuff to the sleeves though - better to have full length sleeves on a cover up tupe garment?

Loved your Grand Central hat - planning to knit it for Tevye. Maybe for Christmas if I get through the rest of my Christmas knitting list.

Mary G said...

Kathryn ... thanks for the comments ... I think I'm going to go ahead and redo the sleeves, making them fuller (dec every 8th instead of every 4th) and still 3/4 length with a fold-back cuff of the cable ...