Thursday, August 19, 2010

Knit Picks: this is my favorite to-date ...

Knit Picks just posted the 7th (!) of my designs ...
This is probably my favorite sweater I’ve designed to-date! I love the way the cable is the focal point while the tweedy yarn in reverse stockinette adds a subtle, and delightful, texture. The cable is based on one in Elsebeth Lavold’s Viking Patterns for Knitting; my version includes a buttonhole in the center of each cable motif. The double-breasted look of the leather buttoned closure adds just the right bit of sophistication to this fun sweater. The cables outlining the armholes add a bit more texture and the sleeves are knit from the armhole down, with a hidden "storm cuff" under the sleeve.

Knitting level is advanced, with the ability to read/knit from a chart a must.

To purchase this pattern ... or any of my other KP-IDP designs, check out this link!

Happy knittin'
Mary C. Gildersleeve
By Hand, With Heart -- hand-knit designs
bhwh.mary@gmail.com

No comments: