Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Patron Saint: Please join me in a prayer ...

... to the unofficial patron Saint of knitters, Saint Rafqa (or Rebecca).
I've just sent off the first draft of my knitting book to my publisher and I'd sure appreciate some prayers that all goes well and that we're able to get this book in your hands by Spring 2008.

Oh, Jesus Christ, our God and Lord, You imprinted Your image of salvation upon the life of Saint Rafqa and made her a beloved one and a loyal worker because she prayed and shared with You in the Mystery of Redemption.We humble ourselves before You, with her prayers and a plea, so that You may bless the children, enlighten the youth, make the weariness of people an occasion of grace and goodness, give the sick and those who are suffering the grace of healing, joy and happiness, and grant what they request to whoever prays to You in churches and monasteries.

And as You have honored Rafqa by letting her see Your Heavenly Light, allow us throughout our life to live like her in faith, hope and love, to glorify and thank You with her, with the Blessed Mother and with all the Saints to the end of time. Amen.


THANKS, muchly!

3 comments:

knittingdragonflies said...

I have searched for a patron saint of knitters and the closest I found was embroiderers St. Clare.
Vicki

Mary Vitamin (Helen) said...

I'm happy to pray for your intention Mary!

Alice Gunther said...

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonderful news!