Where do I get ideas for designs?
Well, I've got all the books in Interweave Press's "folk knitting" series:
- Folk Shawls by Cheryl Oberle
- Folk Mittens by Marcia Lewandowski
- Folk Socks by Nancy Bush
- Folk Style by Mags Kandis
- Folk Vests by Cheryl Oberle
- Folk Bags by Vicki Square
- Folk Hats by Vicki Square
- Folk Knitting in Estonia by Nancy Bush
The Worldwide History of Dress by Patricia Anawalt is a huge volume (600+ pages) with drool-inducing pictures of traditional and modern wear for just about every culture in the world. The book sections are split out geographically:
- Middle East
- Central Asis
- East Asia
- South Asia
- Southeast Asia
- North America
- South America
Talk about inspirational: the color-combinations, the shapes, the design elements ... it's just hard to imagine all this packed in this one, albeit huge, book.
The only problem: it's too fat and heavy to read in bed! So, clear the table, warm the teapot and I'll be busy the rest of the afternoon.
Mary C. Gildersleeve
By Hand, With Heart -- hand-knit designs