Wednesday, March 17, 2010

KAL: my bag filled ....

As mentioned in this post, I finished my first KAL ... a market bag.  Some folks asked just how much this itty bag would hold.  After all, it's only about 12" x 12" unstretched and laying flat:
Well, here it is packed for our day out yesterday -- String Bean is carrying it and it is packed with 4 water bottles, 4 large apples, 4 pb&j sandwiches, and a quart baggie filled with carrots and celery ...
and it was NOT full -- but it was heavy!  I'm so glad I changed the straps as these are wider and more comfortable to wear on the shoulder, especially if it's packed for a field-trip lunch!

So there you go ... these bags are GREAT ... I'm going to make a bunch for Fall fund-raisers ...


Happy knittin'
Mary C. Gildersleeve
By Hand, With Heart -- hand-knit designs
bhwh.mary@gmail.com

No comments: