Friday, January 29, 2010

Small projects ... keeping me out of trouble

 Here are a couple of the small projects I've just finished up:

This is a baby set for the latest arrival to our dear friends ... this is their 8th baby and I always like to do something special when the family is large to remind myself just how precious each gift-from-God is!  These are knit with Knit Picks Wool of the Andes ... so they're 100% wool but are soooooo cozy.
Ballet Hair Snoods for two little friends who love ballet but hate having their hair put up.  I'm hoping these help their mom with getting the girls ready for class.  These are knit in a Dale of Norway Falk (a washable wool) which is a dream to use for knitting.

Lest you think I'm just doing little projects ... I just sent off a submission to Vogue for "Memories of Eire" vest made in washable worsted-weight wool.  It's a beautiful sage green color that my lovely MIL gave me for Christmas.  I also submitted Patrick the Leprechaun as a sample for a Santa Doll for the Holiday 2010 issue of Knit Simple .... we'll see if they like either design.

Right now I'm knitting for my niece's first child ... a girl who is due on 2/15/10.  I just wish I could knit faster (or more) as everytime I'm about half-way thru with one thing for this bundle of joy, I think of something else I want to add ....
What fun designing and knitting for wee ones!

Hope you're knitting muse is keeping you busy ....

Happy knittin'
Mary C. Gildersleeve
By Hand, With Heart -- hand-knit designs
bhwh.mary@gmail.com

No comments: