Monday, January 22, 2007

Yoke Sweater -- almost there ....

Well, I've finally got all the pieces joined for my EZ Yoke Sweater -- I had to do the second sleeve AGAIN because I had forgotten to switch from the rib needle to the body needle (from a 3 to a 7 -- BIG difference in gauge!). And, yes, I had done this earlier on the body so I wasn't too pleased with myself for doing it yet AGAIN!

But, thanks to football playoffs -- boohoo Saints lost, YAY that the Colts won -- I got a lot knitted yesterday. So here's the sweater to date:

I've just got a few more yoke rows, than I get to do my first dec round (going from 240 to 180 will make the rows seem so SHORT!) and then the colorwork -- which always seems to go so fast. I spent Friday and Saturday morning choosing motifs and charting them in preparation for the moment when I get to stop the boring (but mindless) plain green and go to the colorwork.

The charts are a combination of charts from the wonderful resource 1000 Great Knitting Motifs by Luise Roberts. I like this book because the charts are done in color and it's easy to see the repeats. The only downside is that many of the really cool charts have more than 2 colors per row -- a no-no for a "traditional fair isle" sweater.

I have a software program from Knitting Software called Stitch and Motif Maker that makes charting very easy -- either in color or black/white with symbols. They have some great knitting software -- for designing sweaters, socks, whatever -- so you might want to check out that site anyway!

I'll post when I'm done with this sweater -- it's getting close now....

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Looks like the colors are going to be beautiful!

I also got a bunch of knitting done on Sunday with all that football. I can carry on a semi-coherent football conversation with the husband, when in reality, all my focus is actually on the knitting!