Thursday, May 25, 2006

Sorry, I've been remiss ...

in keeping up with my knitting blog. We're in the midst of finishing our time here in South Carolina, then heading to Colorado for 2 weeks than taking the big white bird to Austria -- for the next few years.

I've been packing, storing, trashing, sorting. I've been sending emails and checking on flights. I've been finishing the homeschooling year and working on records.

I HAVE NOT been knitting.

I have a pair of socks, working them on two circs at one time, that I've had on the needles for more than a month. I love these socks. I love the lace pattern I've chosen for the front. I love the way the toe-up sock is coming out. I love the k1p1 rib I've got for the sole. I love the color gradations of this wool from KnitPicks (a yarn they don't seem to carry anymore, which I love working with, called Simple Stripes in a blues/greys/cream colorway).

I don't love that I haven't been able to knit!

This weekend dh is taking me for a romantic getaway. We can only spare one night; our kids (ages 17 down to 3) would act up if we stayed away longer. So Friday night, as we drive up into the BlueRidge, I will be knitting. I will be knitting on the way back on Saturday. I will continue to knit until I get these socks done.

This Friday will be a bonus weekend -- not only will I have some hard-earned time away just with dh, I may actually be able to finish my "never-getting-knit-on" lovely socks! I'll post a picture of before the trip and after.....

2 comments:

Alice Gunther said...

Actually, I am glad I haven't missed quite as much as I thought! I haven't been keeping up with my reading (or writing) until today!

Praying for you as you prepare for your move.

EC Gefroh said...

Aloha, I just found your blog and I really like it. Hope to see more of your posts. BTW, I have added you to my knitting blog.
http://theknittinglanai.blogspot.com/